- 1 Section I
- 2 Section II
- 3 Section III
- 4 Section IV
- 5 Section V
- 6 List of great powers by date
- 7 Section VI
- 8 Section VII
- 9 Section VIII
- 10 Section VIV
Major time periods to focus on:
- Tech level: 1200s-1600s
- Colonial Era
- Tech level: 1880s-1920s
- The Grand War
- Tech level: 1950s-2100s
- Era of Unions
Minstos Regional Territories
- Axel Empire
- The Axeons are a people who are much like the colonial Spaniards. Mostly focusing on trading and colonialism. They are neutral to Minston, yet somewhat aggressive to Amos.
- The Minns are Raythe’s parallel of the Ancient Romans. Minston focuses more on local issues, even though they lead the colonial movement. They eventually become the dominant power of Minstos and end up engulfing the entire continent. They rival with the Parunian States and the Unaverras Dynasty. They view Amos as a close ally, but also keep a somewhat friendly relation with the Axel Empire. Eventually their culture closely to that of 1890s-1910s America.
- Parunian States
- The Paurs are similar to the Germans in that their country is a large group of somewhat federalized states. They are a warmongering country and constantly rival with Minston and the Unaverras Dynasty. After the Minstonian Civil War, the area that was once the Parunian States formed Ferrudon.
- Unaverras Dynasty
- The Verrians are a Chinese-like empire. They are VERY heavily agriculturally based and have very few colonies. They are allies of Sovamoz. They rival with Minston and the Parunian States, constantly switching sides, making them unreliable.
- The Dynasties change over time.
- 2000oc - Derea Dynasty
- 1500oc - Thota Dynasty
- 1000oc - Unaverras Dynasty
- 2000oc - Minnston, Axeol, and the Derea Dynasty are formed. Parunian and Amien Tribes are still “uncivilized”.
- 1500oc - The Derea Dynasty has been replaced by the Thota Dynasty. The Amien tribes had banded together and formed Amos. The Parunian tribes have spread to empty territories in western Minstos.
- 1000oc - The Thota Dynasty has been replaced by the Unaverras Dynasty. The Parunian tribes had created a large group of microstates, that together, form the Parunian States. The Axeol government had reformed, grew, colonized, and created the Axel Empire.
- 100nc - Amos’ royal family has a dispute. Older brother kept Amon, younger brother Termas. Unaverras Dynasty collapsed. Government shifts, and two separate nations come out of the process, Veros and Verras. The Parunian States strengthen and bond together under the nation of Paru. Rebels from Amon came down to the Axel Empire and and took their homeland, forming Saxol. The Axel government had to relocate to Aerum.
- 400nc - Minston and Amon banded together and formed the Minston-Amon Union. In response, the Parunian States allied with Termas and formed the Parunian Order.
- 900nc - Minston-Amon integrates Saxol creating the West Minstos Union. Verras continues to break up into Werven in the north, Utep in the south.
- 1100nc - Minston wars against Verras and its surrounding countries such as Utep and Veros.
- 1300nc - Minston and the Parunian Order goes to war. Werven and Verras ally with the Parunian Order. Minston wins the war, annexing the rest of the continent. Minston forms the Federation of Minston.
- 1550nc - Minston has Civil War. The former Parunian Order secedes as Ferrudon.
Maybe have ancient Minston have 3 factions in it, always fighting each other. The factions could either just be the 3 political parties, or they could be warring factions.
- Ocean Planet - Very hot, air is very thick and humid. Only land is small island chain/tips of mountains. Land is rocky, sort of like Laythe from KSP.
- Ro - The actual PLANET of Ro is rock with a thin layer of water and clay. The floating islands were chinks of Raythe thrown up by asteroid strikes before Raythe’s atmosphere could form to protect it. The islands are not kept in place by an orbit, but by a magnetic field. The magnetic field began to weaken around 100oc and completely dissipated in 1oc.
- Axeon Calendar - The Axeon Calendar was formed by several groups of people over a long period of time. The idea for the Axeon year comes from their early observations of Ro. They would see Ro light up in celebration of the Argillian New Year, and set their year accordingly. The Argillian year was based on Raythe’s orbit around the sun. Over several hundred years, the calendar was refined with ideas of months and weeks. While the point in which the Gregorian Calendar pivoted from BC to AD was the birth of Jesus, the reason for the switch from OC to NC in the Axeon Calendar was the fall of Ro’s floating islands. That was the first year people stopped seeing the light in the sky. A possible alternative to OC (Old Calendar) and NC (New Calendar) could be BD (Before Darkness) and AD (After Darkness).
- Ro (After the Fall) - After the failing of the magnetic field, the floating islands crashed into the surface below. Only a few chunks of land hovered above, but all of Argillian society was destroyed.
- Records of Ro - Ro lies out further than the moon. You could easily see it in the sky, but it was too far to see too much detail. When telescopes were invented in the 500s BD, astronomers could make out the floating islands and the civilization on Ro. Ro had before been thought to be heavenly or godly in some religions, and after this discovery, several new religions were born. Some though the Argillians to be gods with their far superior technology and the strangeness of the floating islands. Epics were written about Ro and the “gods” that lived upon it. After the fall, when telescopes became less expensive and more publicly available, the people saw not the beautiful and awe-inspiring views told to them, but a cold barren wasteland. The Floating Islands of Ro became Raythe’s equivalent of the Lost City of Atlantis and were believed to be myth for centuries, until the 1700s/1800s AD when probes were sent and captured evidence of previous life. The Fall of Ro was noticeable on Raythe when it happened. The bright lights from Ro that usually only occurs on New Years, began halfway in the year and flashed for months until the Fall, when the lights flashed for the last time.
- Trade was very strong in Minstos because people had been using the same paths for hundreds of years, by the 1500s, there were ‘medieval highways’. These would later become regular highways.
- Minstos used to be governed in Kingdoms. The Kingdoms were grouped into Clans, which later became countries. The “Kingdom Era” lasted from between 1000s oc to the 300s oc.
Clans - Clans are a group of somewhat culturally similar kingdoms that have a very light rule on the lands. Kingdoms in these lands feel that all other kingdoms in their clan belong to them, causing conflicts. Clans are very secretive and work behind the scenes.\
- Meatol - Astolles, Moors, Deutres, and Paliant
- Tendo - Varian
- Kyone - Illiat
- Baron - Belmoths and Melloks
- Taution - Tetruons and Norrons
- Falta - Cascians
- Kilak - Creote
- Warato - Conkrit and Wetars
- Maybe instead of tombstones, there's a pillar with a ball of ashes. People were cremated since ancient times.
- Parunian state flags are like Japans flags. Simple.
- Instead of Pyramids, the ancients built tall pillars/columns
- Minston is like 1800s America mixed with WWI Germany
- Mix real cultures with different biomes. For example:
- European castles in Japanese cherry blossoms.
- Japanese architecture in a tropical region.
- One religion in Raythe can be like Greek gods with A LOT of deities. For example:
- Deviant Art Levodoom http://levodoom.deviantart.com/art/The-Known-Deities-of-Tariel-342616206
- Use Anglo-Saxon/Roman England as a major reference
- Parunian States (or earlier Minstos) can be either states or clans/factions, each having its own banner.
- Skylands are in the Ithis-Anoic strait, between Minston and Tinyiel. This keeps it away from enemies like Great Aerum & Sovubien. Allied controlled waters.
Technology of the 1700s
- Varo-Minn Wall- A wall set up by Minson between the mountain range and sea, to protect Doveres from Verrian invaders in the BD100s.
- Entente Tower - Built in the AD950s, the Entente Tower was a very tall watchtower to watch for sneak attacks by Verrian and Paurian troops. It’s tall enough to see through the mountain pass.
- Bae District- The government district, where the Minston capital and such is at.
- Inne District- Commercial district, similar to NYC
- Ohauld District- Factories, businesses, apartments, homes, parks, airdocks, etc.
- Tonin Strip- Like Times Square, biggest companies, stores, etc.
- Suburbs/Farmland- Outskirts of city, entering rural Minston
Phone numbers- On Raythe, phone numbers are structured into three or four parts. Country index, region category, a 5-digit personal number, and possibly an extension code, and you push the dial button to complete it.
|01-12|42398 “01” Minston, “12” Varia, “42398” personal number
|03-01|97517 “03” Tinyeil, “01” Capital Province, “97517” personal number
These numbers can work for 99,999 people per province. When all numbers are exhausted, an extension number is added at the end for each “round”
|01-05|21946+1 “01” Minston, “05” N Paliant, “21946” personal number, “+1” first re-round
|01-10|19429+24 “01” Minston, “10” Vereo, 19429” personal number, “+24” 24th re-round
|02-02|15038 “02” Ferrudon, “02” Tetruon, 15038 personal number, no re-round
At first, each number needed to be wound, but as phones became streamlined, they added country/province selectors that dial these parts for you. Little cards are manufactured listing the codes with a flag. Eventually, flag symbols are added and province lists.
You can keep a region-code number in the selector if you always call the same country or region.
- Ancient astronomers referred to space as The Void
- The Aether, or use of alchemy type science
300AD Aeton Empire
The bitter rivalry between the Axeons and the Aetons came to a conclusion. The war had finally pushed the Axeon government into exile in Tinyiel. The Aeton Empire, though powerful, still had to deal with rebellions of a regular basis, usually Aexeon nationalists trying to bring back their lost nation. The Aeton Empire also had to deal with their rivals to the west, the Warjan Empire and the Vichsti Republic. Although Aeton was still prosperous, this would not last.
500AD Minston Republics
The merge of the Tri-Kingdom into the Minston Republics was the birth of the UnTerra Order, a national movement. The era of small kingdoms was coming to an end and being replaced by a continent of large republics and empires, and was causing stability among the powers. The Varian Empire, the Paurian States, and the Illiate Republics are also beginning to stabilize. The Aeton and Warjan Empires are continuing to gain power, but are still unstable.
700AD The Aerum Nation
After being colonized by Minston in previous centuries, the Aeron people broke into rebellion to break itself free from being a puppet state. By 700AD, the Aerum Nation had been sovereign for 42 years. Their government was a national democracy where every 10 years, a new council was elected to control the government completely. If a councilor was unpopular after being elected, they were usually assassinated. If less than 7 councilors remained before the end of a term, councilors from previous terms could be reelected to rule until the end of the current term.
900AD Allorian Kingdoms
After the union of Minston, the Varian Empire, and Obornia into Minstonia, the western Varian colonies became unstable due to the shift of power. After a 20 year war, the western colonies declared themselves the Allorian Kingdoms, returning to the old 'glorious' system that was previously present in the former Varian Empire. Due to its large coastal holdings in the Andreian Sea, the Allorian Kingdoms became a large trade power controlling a large amount of western Andreian affairs. The Warjan Empire also intervened in the Allorian War for Independence by supplying Allorian troops in return for a chunk of Varian land of the edge of the western peninsula.
1000AD Minstonian Expansion
After forming from Minston, the Varian Empire, and Obornia, Minstonia became one of the major powers of the world. With cast colonies and large amounts of land in northern Minstos. The 10th century was the beginning of the expansion panic as people realize they needed to grab any land they could and gain in strength before the rivals. In 967AD, the Illiate Republics were worried by the newly formed Pauria to the north, which was returning to a militaristic state, and requested that Minstonia absorb them. Minstonia agreed, so long as they help the Vichsti Republic invade Torrovn and their holy city.
1310AD Central Ilthin Canal
By the 12th century, it was becoming necessary for faster naval travel between the Ilthin Gulf and the Andreian Sea. A canal was proposed in 1287 to be built in Cuvea and construction began in 1302. The project was expected to be completed by 1310, but due to restrictions of several wars, the project wasn't completed until 1331. Once the canal was open, several countries who were bared from accessing the Andreian Sea by being denied access through the I.N.Channel, were able to access and trade in the Andreian Sea. Even today the Central Ilthin Canal is an important location in international trade.
After the Grand War, industry was thriving in Minston, but the road infrastructure was still poor. Prime Senator Coppenbauld introduced the 'Interway and General Infrastructure Act of 1630' in February, and although criticisms arouse of the practicability of the Interway, the Theatre passed it in April. Construction of the new roads, rail lines, air docks, and the Interway created thousands of jobs for the Minston people. The Interway was a large road that would follow the path of the Continental Web without stopping through towns and cities, allowing for long distance travel to become much faster.
- Maybe antibiotics weren't discovered untl the late 18th century (or at all) (concept from Sliders)
- Argillians refused to help Earth nations when Ussaria sunk. Irony (or whatever) for when small new nations couldn't help when Ro fell.
Past the 18th century
- The 1700s were a time of great technological advances and progress in space exploration
- From the 1710s to the 1730s, the foundations of colonizing Ro began.
- In the 1720s, astronomers discover radio signals coming from the nearest neighboring star
- In the 1740s the first attempt at traveling to the Alpha Kohin system after the discovery of two life holding planets, each with sentient life
- Planets of Geant and Arica at constant war with eachother
- Stuck at a WWI/WWII tech era for hundreds of years
- Atomic technology not discovered by either side
- Somewhat advanced in short range space travel, mostly between the two planets
- Missiles/Military transport/Fighters
- Used for proxy wars
- Arica supported by CPSP and the AP
- Geant supported by the AN, AA, and the LoS
- 1770s, Geant on path of collapse, war lords fighting over areas of land
- 1770s, Arica run by a police state
- 1770s, Minston comes into contact with Yankee Kingdom and re-establishes communications between Raythe and Earth
- Ansyiel had colonists for Merchant Republics as well, which led to Ansyiel becoming a large trade focused nation
- Bomb shelters popular around the world in case of regular bombing, even though nukes aren't a threat.
- Internet = AoraNet = AORA Net
- Original AORANET name was the WorldSys
- Online = Connected
- AORA = Advanced Obornia Research Academy
- ITA = International Trade Alliance - A multinational alliance of corporations working together to strengthen themselves
- ITA Connected - Catalog of ITA member products that can be purchased via AoraNet
- No antitrust laws
- "East India Company"-like entities
- (Dan Carlin talking about League of Nations [SOURCE])
- International community gets monopoly on airpower when it starts to develop so when nation goes against world opinion, International Community can crush them.
- Alt-alt timeline: Possible combo of Darkstar and nofall where nation in old world feels they need to own the new world and fight against Minston's "Ilthin for Ilthin" campaign
- Alt-History: Napoleonic WWI - First Grand War
- Blue: Arits
- Red: Four Corners Nations
- Green: The Coalition of Greats
- Alt History: Companies become powerful enough to buy out large amounts of land/nations, have their own military, have a say in international affairs.
- Alt History (or event in OTL): Something (virus?) causes grasses (wheat, rye, rice, etc.) to die, causes global famine (Source: Death of Grass)
- Iron Mill Rebellion: group of iron mills and other crafts around the country cause a rebellion because of almost nonexistent wages, terrible work conditions, etc. Failed.
- Many drug, food, safety, etc. regulatory laws were implemented at a much slower pace
- Ponvaer is cream colored country that appears in 600BD from old Warjan land. Rival of Vichsti for centuries. Gets split into three parts by 400AD, which eventually the remains of the three segments unite in 700AD, only to be annexed in the Torrovn War. 3 parts: Ponvaer, Illiat Ponvaer, and Torrovn Ponvaer.
- For a form a government, have two people from each province. One from an urban area and from a rural area (measured via population density)
- World Trials (Olympics) either formed by Minston, the Varian Empire, and Obornia in the International City, or was formed by a southern/eastern Minstos nation and that was only participated in by the local nations until it was introduced world wide
- Challenges include athletic and intellectual feats, occurring every 5 years. It's to celebrate the cultures of participants.
- World Fairs occur every 4 years
- Alt name for Norvein was Novatier
- Alt history that follows V2 Minston with V3 Geography and early history. Ends up with Federal Provinces of Minston and the Independent Okka of Ferrudon (capital Tarviand)
- Perhaps Argillians require a sort of mana crystal or powder to survive, draining the energy from said ore until depleted, thus requiring more. Ore is actually uranium.
- Perhaps the reason why Argillians refused to help humanity when Earth-colonized Raythe began to fall was because they discovered what humans used uranium for after Earth nuked itself via WWIII.
- Raythe colonized because Raythe/Ro both have large amounts of uranium which could be mined and transported to Earth, also traded with Argillians for uranium under the guise that they too required amounts for survival.
- Maybe not MASSIVE uranium on Raythe, but only on Ro. Many other resources on Raythe though. Otherwise nuclear weapons could possibly be used by terrorists.
- Second asteroid belt caused by rouge planet crashing into planet in that orbit
- Unfinished gravity drive recovered from Ro, finished on Raythe so they can move to Geant/Arica. Explains why tech is good enough to travel to other system, but not take clear pictures of planets.
- The islands of Savamoz first had people arrive in the 900s BD. The islands were a group of warring city states, with the largest power being Avalyon of the North Eastern Isle. When powers from the mainland began looking to colonize the New World, Savamoz was an obvious stepping stone. To defend themselves against the foreign powers, the city states united to form the nation of Savamoz in the late 300s BD. By 100 BD, Savamoz was pushed to only the southernmost part of the Southern Isle. By 300, Savamoz was designated International Territory.
- Astronomers note sometime in renaissance era of an asteroid smashing into a planets moon, are able to see the aftermath, causing a panic for a while among civilians. People who could afford it built underground bunkers to live in case of an asteroid hitting Raythe. The panic eventually died down and the bunkers were repurposed and mostly forgotten until the Grand War era.
- Maybe AoraNet takes advantage of technical limitations and embraces minimalism
- Alt History: PoD 1400s, Vichsti and Natel do not join the Minston Republics, instead staying sovereign nations.
- Minston has much more political parties (like UK) because its such a large country. Smaller countries could have lower amount of parties (although that necessarily doesn't mean they cant have more or other large nations that are repressive have few. Although Minston is somewhat repressive, it still is so diverse, it has a lot)
- Raythe afterlife idea, layers of hell, chisel mask, become servant heaven, more sin, thicker mask and more distorted/disturbing
- Religion concept
- At first there was nothing. Then the first God, Galei created the Void and then the three Gods: Us, God of Air, Uk, God of Water, and Ussr, God of Fire. Together, they formed all the universe and the elements. They then created Raythe and the life upon it. The first humans were from a island paradise called Ussaria. From there, they lived with the helpers of the Gods, but a civil war between the helpers caused chaos. Those who defied the Gods lost, and the evils and corruption of man caused the sorrow of the gods to see their creations tarred with evil. So in their final acts, they created Ro and Deaum and sent the helpers and those who fought on their side to Ro, where they would live in eternal paradise. The helpers who defied the Gods were sent to Deaum, to rule that world. The humans who sided with the daemons against the Gods were cast off the island onto the mainland where they would have to struggle for survival, and Ussaria was sunk. When they would die, they would be cast to Deaum where they would be punished for their misdeeds and their descendants for the next 10 generations. After that, humans would be judged when they die whether they go to Ro or to Deaum. On Deaum, everyone wears a mask of clay that must be scratched off with your hands. The more sinful your life, the thicker and more distorted looking the mask will be. Once your mask has been chipped away over millennia, you will be able to ascend to Ro where you will spend eternity as a servant for those without sin. The original inhabitants of Deaum will still be chipping theirs away for many times longer than those who die today.
- Timeline where Minston ISOTd to 1910s, 1940s, 1960s, 1980s, or 1990s
- Timeline like above, but Raythe ISOTd in Earths orbit nearby
- Timeline where timeline progresses like normal, far into future. Raythe + Earth colonists go in lightspeed ship. End up in another universe. Tiny universe with few small stars/planets. Colonize single planet.
- Grand War is Great Aerum invading Ohrid/Tinyiel, Minston warns them as Aerum builds up. Aerum invades, internal political disputes in Minston delay the declaration of war on Aerum. Aerum + allies invade Minston territory in northern Norvien as war declaration is imminent. First half of war is Minston fighting Aerum in other areas where they have taken territory while also dealing with rebel uprisings at home, but eventually pushing through and sets on liberating South Ilthin. Around this time, Aerum has basic rockets and bombs Doveres, enough to where the mega structure collapses. This causes an increase in the intensity of the war, and gives way to Minston liberating South Ilthin.
List of great powers by date
|Succeeded by||Federal Party|
|Countries / Decades||before||1440||1450||1460||1470||1480||1490||1500||1510||1520||1530||1540||1550||1560||1570||1580||1590||1600||1610||1620||1630||1640||1650||1660||1670||1680||1690||1700||1710||1720||1730||1740||1750||Current||Decades / Countries|
|Countries / Decades||before||Current||Decades / Countries|
*Make one of these for individual nations. Also one for Minston Republics as a whole, showing the nations that became each republic
𝔄 𝔅 ℭ 𝔇 𝔈 𝔉 𝔊 ℌ ℑ 𝔍 𝔎 𝔏 𝔐 𝔑 𝔒 𝔓 𝔔 ℜ 𝔖 𝔗 𝔘 𝔙 𝔚 𝔛 𝔜 ℨ 𝔞 𝔟 𝔠 𝔡 𝔢 𝔣 𝔤 𝔥 𝔦 𝔧 𝔨 𝔩 𝔪 𝔫 𝔬 𝔭 𝔮 𝔯 𝔰 𝔱 𝔲 𝔳 𝔴 𝔵 𝔶 𝔷 Mathematical Bold Fraktur:
𝕬 𝕭 𝕮 𝕯 𝕰 𝕱 𝕲 𝕳 𝕴 𝕵 𝕶 𝕷 𝕸 𝕹 𝕺 𝕻 𝕼 𝕽 𝕾 𝕿 𝖀 𝖁 𝖂 𝖃 𝖄 𝖅 𝖆 𝖇 𝖈 𝖉 𝖊 𝖋 𝖌 𝖍 𝖎 𝖏 𝖐 𝖑 𝖒 𝖓 𝖔 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 𝖘 𝖙 𝖚 𝖛 𝖜 𝖝 𝖞 𝖟
- "The UK actually tried to do something similar, they had a monopoly on factories for a while because they were the only ones who knew how to make them. People had to steal the plans for factories, which is how industry in America started."
- "Actually it spreaded to Belgium first. Belgium was the first non-british country to use the steam engine of Thomas Newcomen, this steam engine was designed in the early 18th century and was used to carry out waste water in coal mines.
Later in 1799 William Cockerill installed the first woollen spinning machine on the continent in Verviers, Belgium. Also Ghent "stole" the "spinning Jenny" factory in 1800 and a newly finished canal towards that city made Ghent the "manchester of continental europe" (lol those poor sods.) These two early installations made Flanders textile industry very strong in the 19th and early 20th century."
- "One minor incident that grew into a world changing event was the discovery of penicillin. Alexander Fleming was searching for something like penicillin. He accidentally left a petri dish open and some mold fell in it and grew. The next morning Alexander Fleming notice the moldy dish, and that the bacteria weren't growing near the mold areas. Thanks to penicillin the average lifespan of humans has increased and literally millions of lives have been saved."
- "As u/zywakem wrote, it was a much more complicated story and Fleming played a pretty minor role. There were 12 years or so between the time Fleming noticed his moldy petri dish and penicillin was tested by other scientists, and it was a different strain of mold, discovered by others, which turned out to be effective. I would argue that the decision to test penicillin on mice rather than guinea pigs was more of a minor event that had an enormous impact, since penicillin is toxic to guinea pigs, and research would likely have stopped had all the test animals died."
- "Just to ruin it for you the development of penicillin had everything to do with wars. Before WW2 too many soldiers were succumbing to sepsis even though antimicrobial compounds were available. They just weren't any good at preventing or treating internal infections. Money was poured into Flory and Chains research to help reduce battlefield deaths. By the end of WW2 if you were injured and we're able to be put back together you were unlikely to succumb to injection. It was mainly a war effort. A medical Manhattan project if you will."
- "Some Dutchmen, low on cash in a war with Spain try to figure out a way to make even more money from lucrative far eastern trade. They created the first multi-national company the VOC and a clever financial innovation called stock. Hard to overstate the impact these two business decisions have had on the world."
- "IIRC, the wealth accumulated by the Dutch via the VOC would total over USD $7 trillion today."
- "Most of the ancient history trade routes had massive and wide ranging effects across the globe, much more than anyone could have predicted. Mostly things like the Silk Road and Indian Ocean trade. On the Silk Road no one really traveled very far along it, small time merchants bought goods one place and sold them not far away in another place but this process was repeated from China to as far as Rome. You would think this was rather innocuous but it was so profitable it dictated social policies of entire countries, caused the rise and fall of kings and allowed the spread of social ideas and infectious diseases. The black death killing 1/2 of all Europeans? Caused by the Mongols reinvigorating the Silk Road. Buddhism taking over in SE Asia? Spread from India along the Silk Road. The wealth in China that allowed for the centuries of the dynastic system to work? The Silk Road. Islam taking over in Indonesia? The India Ocean trade. All in all, if you really want to understand why things played out in ancient history the way they did you should keep an eye on the big trade routes."
- "Glass and more specifically lenses and prisms paved the way for some ground breaking discoveries in navigation, astronomy and chemistry. It paved the way for the age of discovery which lead to the west dominating the entire globe and over taking China's dominance in science and technology."
- "Also eyeglasses. European scientists and scholars could still continue their work for decades even if their eyesight was failing. The earliest mentions of eyeglasses in China occur in the 15th century, and those Chinese sources state that eyeglasses were imported."
- "Typically speaking there should be only minor variation in tech levels unless tech stealing is involved, however you need to keep in mind what a race/faction's technological priorities are. A large and strung out empire will develop superior transportation than it's smaller neighbors, a nation prone to internal strife will likely have better weaponry, a country that is a frequent victim of natural disasters will develop sturdier construction materials and techniques, etc. and then skew things appropriately."
- Alternate History where the Coalition of Self Determination pushed further once reaching Doveres, not accepting the negotiations and pushing for the dismantling of Minston/independence of the rebel states with Minston as small country with Coalition friendly leaders in place.
- "The Black Wire is somewhat like a darkweb to the AORA-NET's internet. The AORA-NET is government regulated, no anti-government, censorship type stuff, and every website is government approved and listed in a directory.
- The Black Wire is almost kinda BBS like where people can freely speak their minds without censorship, upload files, create their own "websites". To the people using it, it's seen as a bastion of free speech and liberty, while the government (and by extension the media) paint it as a horrid place full of criminals where terrorists and general scum can gather and exchange information. While some parts are used for that, its the price to pay for free speech."
- MBN News on the Minston's "Channel 7", a channel allocated to local public programming.
- There are only around 15 channels on Minston television, and the content is monitored by the government to make sure its not anti-government or something that they wouldn't approve of.
- The Grand War is still projected to go on for a while (5 more years), but the population of Minston is large enough to where manpower can just be thrown at the enemy, without much worrying about casualties.
- If you don't want to be used by the federal government, you can serve locally in your Republic and join the Domestic Guard which is fighting against Abrien-sympathizer and nationalist militia groups rising up in various pockets around the nation.
- When the Minston Republics was formed in its current state in the late 1400s, each Republic had its own army, with a few integrating Republics being limited.
- This lasted until the 1540s when Vichsti and Warjan used their military to declare independence due to a disagreement about how powerful the Federal government should be compared to the power of individual Republics. This led to a civil war where the Federal government lost and the sitting leaders were replaced.
- By 1600, the Federal government had been afraid of another rebellion, so over the past few decades they had been reducing the power of each Republic's army to a Domestic Guard status, while forming the Federal Army to oversee all military actions in Minston to make sure uprisings don't occur again.
- The current Minston still has a royal family, but they mostly own large corporations and greatly influence the Federal Party, so they don't officially still have power, but behind the scenes they still do.
99% Invisible inspired
- Packaged/preserved food has ties with military rations in OTL
- City infrastructure/public works/water fountains/stuff like that
- Vocoder used to encrypt voice data during WW2
|Flag||Map|| Short and formal names
| Minston Republics
Minston Republics of the Trilliance
| Paurian Confederation
Great Northern Paurian Confederation of the Paurs and Torres
Varian Kingdoms of the Trilliance
High Middle Ages
Europe and Mediterranean region
Part of a series on the
|History of France|
|National Emblem National Emblem National Emblem|
|16x16px France portal|
|History of China|
|Neolithic c. 8500 – c. 2070 BCE|
|Xia dynasty c. 2070 – c. 1600 BCE|
|Shang dynasty c. 1600 – c. 1046 BCE|
|Zhou dynasty c. 1046 – 256 BCE|
|Spring and Autumn|
|Qin dynasty 221–206 BCE|
|Han dynasty 206 BCE – 220 CE|
|Three Kingdoms 220–280|
|Wei, Shu and Wu|
|Jin dynasty 265–420|
|Eastern Jin||Sixteen Kingdoms|
| Northern and Southern dynasties|
|Sui dynasty 581–618|
|Tang dynasty 618–907|
|(Second Zhou dynasty 690–705)|
| Five Dynasties and
| Liao dynasty|
| Song dynasty
|Northern Song||Western Xia|
|Yuan dynasty 1271–1368|
|Ming dynasty 1368–1644|
|Qing dynasty 1644–1912|
|Republic of China 1912–1949|
|Republic of |
6080 BD WWIII began, causing Galileo (Raythe) to lose contact with Earth. After the initial panic, the colonies of Galileo formed the Galilean Federation to govern without extra-planetary political influence. This lasted for about 100 years until cultural differences began to cause dissent in the federation. This led to a civil war that led to the destruction of civilization on Galileo. The Argillians initially stepped in to arbitrate peace, so that trade may continue, but were met hostilely by all sides to stay out of their affairs. After civilization fell, humanity and Argillians still kept contact, occasionally trading though not much due to lack of human industrial capacity. Over the next 2000-3000 years, the Ussarian plain in which the majority of Galilean humanity was located began to fall away and sink in several major floods. During the flooding, humanity pleaded to the Argillians for help, but remembering humanity's refusal for interference by their hand, they began to slowly cease communication. Humanity resented the Argillians for abandoning them and religions formed with the Argillians as god-like figures that abandoned them in an apocalyptic world, and that they were causing the floods. The culture and religion of this time was very cynical and they felt themselves to be the final generations. By 2000 BD, practically all information had been forgotten by humanity as they fled the Ussarian plains across the Minstos continent. Even the Argillians betraying them had been long forgotten, with only the concept of gods on the planet above remaining. The names of their ancestors nations had become distorted into the names of ancient strong powers which again translated into ancient gods. Cultures began to form however in the early 1000s BD, with the first organized civilizations forming in the 1300s BD.
|Climate chart (explanation)|